The musings of a silly student... And not much else.

The musings of a silly student... And not much else.

Friday, August 20, 2010

I am Survived

...barely.

I have spent the last week or two running around like a headless chicken, trying to do way more than I actually could and almost managing. This post won't be long, because I'm still not done, but I thought you would like to know what I'm up to.

As the new C&A editor for Activate, I attend numerous meetings - on Mondays, I have management meetings, during which I pitch content for my page (online and on-paper), get it accepted and get some more information about the next edition. On Tuesdays, I have a meeting in which I am the boss and during which I give my writers the stories I pitched on Mondays, and tell them the way I would like them to write the stories and how long I'd like them.

Every second Thursday, we have 'dummies' - here, I tell the designers how I would like my page to be laid out and we merge my vision with their design skills to start the process of creating the page you'll finally see the next Thursday. It's been a disgustingly busy two weeks...

Otherwise, life is racing ahead at its usual pace, not giving me a moment to come up for air. I would love to post some more, but right now I'm struggling!

I miss everyone so much...

1 comment:

  1. My Liefste Kaylakind...

    Dankie vir die lekker gesels gister. Dit was amazing om al jou nuus te hoor. Dis vir my heeltemal ongelooflik en heeltemal normaal dat jy so goed doen daar buite in die wye wereld in.

    Ek wil net he jy moet weet hoe trots tot barstens toe ek voel. En hoe my liefde vir jou my hart laat pyn...

    Mamma

    ReplyDelete